Thursday, March 24, 2016

6.5ish Months!

Well, its been quite the month!

First the numbers (Even tho this is a bit over a month)

HW: 484
SW: 458
CW: 344


140lbs down from high weight!
114lbs down from surgery weight!


This month has been full of emergency room visits, hospital stays, and surgeries! BLAH!

Last blog I talked about what I thought was gallbladder attacks, and it turns out I was right! On February 24th, I went into the ER early in the AM because I had been having a gallbladder attack for over 4 hours. After spending my whole day there, it was confirmed that I needed my gallbladder out, but that it wasn't necessarily an emergency case, so I was referred to a surgeon's office where I was scheduled and had my gallbladder out on March 4th! Besides pain and general lethargy, all went well with that surgery!

About one week later is when all went wrong. I woke up feeling odd, but had a ton of stuff to do that day, as I had the day off work and was supposed to be packing for our upcoming road trip. The pain in my gallbladder area grew to my whole abdomen and finally into my back and shoulders throughout the day. By 10pm I wasn't able to keep anything down and was in so much pain I was in tears, so off to the ER again! I have never been in that much pain, I don't ever want to be in that much pain again. Altho it took a while to diagnose, they did provide me with very amazing drugs to take away the pain and help me sleep. They finally came back with the diagnosis of pancreatitis! So back to surgery to get an ERCP (Scope that goes down my throat into my liver/pancreas) and clean out the stones and sludge that my silly gallbladder decided to leave me. They also put in two stents.

Fast forward about 36 hours and I'm out of the hospital, bags are packed, and I headed off to Florida to catch up with my lovely friends to start vacation on the beach! Recovery went well even tho I was in pain from time to time. But the surgeon said to relax on the beach, and that's exactly what I did!


This past Tuesday I had to get an x-ray to make sure my pancreatic stent had worked its way out of my body. Come to find out it did not, so back to the operating room I go. The bright spot in this story is that during a second x-ray today right before surgery, the stent was not found, so it is believed to have vacated on its own!! WOOO HOOO!!!

Here's to staying FAR FAR away from the hospital for a while now!



Overall, my weight loss has suffered from being sick so much! Yes, I am still losing. Yes, I should be grateful for how much I've lost. BUT I WANT TO LOSE MORE AND FASTER!  I have started training with a good friend, and need to step up my own cardio! I feel stronger, and for sure feel better in the grand scheme of things!


Hopefully next blog I'll get a little deeper in the mental aspect of this surgery. It really hasn't been an easy journey, but then again, I wasn't expecting it to be! I've still got a long way to go but I know I'll get there eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment