Friday, October 9, 2015

One Month Post-Op

I can't believe it's been a whole month! I feel as tho surgery was only a couple of weeks ago. I am grateful that I haven't had any complications or side effects. I continue to get in more than enough water, and food has been going really well! My incisions are mostly healed and I've been cleared to do anything and everything!

As far as food goes, I now have a list of food I can't have instead of a list of stuff I can!

Food/drinks I can't have :
  - raw vegetables
  - bread, rice, pasta
  - red meat
  - citrus
  - alcohol
  - any carbonation

Also, as part of this surgery, I am not supposed to drink within 30 minutes of having food. So I stop drinking water 30 minutes before and can continue 30 minutes after my last bite. This has been the hardest thing to learn. I think almost everyone is used to grabbing a drink with every meal. I did it the other day while we were out to eat at Jimmy Johns for the first time and all I ordered was turkey and cheese (no bread or anything else). Out of habit, I asked for a water cup. Five or six bites into my meal I realized my tummy was kind of gurgling and it wasn't settling well (which is odd because I've had turkey and cheese before). It took me a second to realize I was drinking also! Oops!

Weight.. Yeah... That's the only issue

HW: 484
SW: 458
CW: 442-446

Yep... you read that right! I haven't lost anything since 10 days after the surgery. I have been bouncing back and forth between 4lbs. Stalls are the absolute worst.


We interrupt our regularly scheduled blog to bring you a brief and complete mental breakdown:

I'm so beyond frustrated! How am I eating between 600-800 calories a day, and not losing weight? I get my macros (protein-fat-carbs) at what I think are amazing levels! I'm using the 10:1 ratio for meals (10 calories or less for every 1g of protein) WHY AM I NOT LOSING WEIGHT?!? Every time I step on the scale it's like a roller coaster ride... I go up two pounds one day then down two pounds the next! And when I do go down, I think I have broken this stall, only to be right back to where I stated a couple days later. It's beyond frustrating. I told myself I wouldn't rant and I wouldn't regret this surgery... But how do you not regret $13K that doesn't seem to be helping?





Ok.. I'm back! Sorry, I have my moments where I can't handle it anymore! I had so many goals for myself, yet I haven't reached one so far. Yes, I've been told my body can stall, and my body just needs to catch up with the rapid weight loss (37lbs in about 20 days). Here I am, 1 month post-op and all I have is around 16lbs (since surgery) to show for it.


I go see the surgeon on October 20th for my next door check up. I am hoping maybe he can give me some tips. I need to get to the gym more often. I used to go six days a week, now not going has become a hard habit to fix.

I'm hopeful that the weight loss will kick in soon! For my mental well being, it better!

4 comments:

  1. The gym will probably help bunches - one of the trainers at the Riverplex worded it perfectly: Lean muscle is HUNGRY - it burns more calories than fat.

    You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up sister and don't get discouraged! (Easier said than done, I know) You KICK ASS!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up! I would suggest maybe taking a step back from the scale for a bit, maybe only weigh yourself once a week? Or less. Youre doing all of the right things. Focus on how you feel and keep up the good work 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Susie! Have you heard of Whole 30? It's basically like Paleo, except you can't have natural sugars either, like honey or agave.The biggest thing is you can't weigh yourself for 30 days at a time. This way you can focus more on the food and how your body feels when you eat certain foods, instead of focusing on weight. Hope this helps! I'm rooting for you! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete