Wednesday, January 13, 2016

4 months Post-Op!

4 months already?!? Wow, the time flies when you're losing weight!

First, the numbers!

HW: 484lbs
SW: 458lbs
CW: 380lbs

104 down from high weight.. So I'm pretty happy with that! It seems like I lose really well for a week, 5-10lbs, then take a break for several days. So I can't say I'm really slowing down at all, just not completely consistent from week to week!


The holidays came and went, and yes, I did partake in the celebrations! I had a couple bites of the cheesecake at Thanksgiving, a had a few Christmas cookies... I even had a drink on New Years Eve. I haven't found anything that has upset my stomach except for the one bite if food too much. Ugh... It's the worst feeling!



I have somewhat developed two concerns:

My hair is falling out! I end up pulling out a handful every time I shower and I am always removing stray hairs from my clothing. This is a fairly common problem. My body (and those of other weight loss surgery patients) has gone thru a very traumatizing time. Not only a drastic diet change, but surgery and rapid weight loss. My body's only method of coping is to shed my hair! I'm not happy about it, but I'm hopeful that it will slow or stop here in the near future! Just praying for no balding and not too much thinning!

My other concern is my gallbladder. I can't tell you the science behind it, but 30% of WLS patients end up having their gallbladder removed. I am completely self diagnosing this, as I know the signs to look for and have experienced what I believe was a gallbladder attack, but until I go get blood work done, I won't know for sure! As of right not, I'm just trying to not think of it until I am forced to do something.



Besides that, things are really good! I'm not going to lie, I am so looking forward to having red meat. I've had bites here and there, but I'm trying to keep within the rules as much as possible! Chicken and turkey tend to get old tho. I had some salmon last night that was awesome, so I guess I need to switch it up sometimes!


Current goal is to be to 340 or below by mid March when I go down to Pensacola.. That will be my 6 month mark and my next visit to Dr Snow for an official weigh in!  So here's to dropping 40+ in the next two months! 



1 comment:

  1. As being a licensed cosmetologist for 30 years, I'm sure the hair loss from the surgery, weight loss and more....eventually it should stop although you should be using a good gentle shampoo as replenishing the protein as well as moisture back into your hair. I'm so happy for you and hope you reach your goal! Are you working out anywhere? I've gained all my weight back due to meds and health problems that keep me from working out . If you need a workout partner let me know. Going to change gyms after the 16th when my contract is up at Titan.

    ReplyDelete