Thursday, September 30, 2010

HOW FAR?!?

After my last blog... I knew I needed to just suck it up and either fake some motivation, and find some new motivation!

And truthfully.. I'm not 100% positive where my motivation came from.. But IT'S BACK!!!

I took Monday off of EVERYTHING!! I've been meaning to do some organize around my house, and when I left in till almost 11, the only motivation I had was to clean and organize! So I stayed home.. ALL DAY.. didn't even make it out of my pajamas!! I think that might have been the best thing I've done for myself in a while! I woke up Tuesday rested ready to get to the gym and work! I stayed for the full two hours (The child care will only take the kid for two hours at a time) and worked really hard! I did some running on the treadmill, really trying to push myself! Got my mile (Which I used to brag about getting under 24) down to 17:56! I was beyond happy! Not to mention I did another mile on the track, 4 miles on the bike, 2 miles on the elliptical and a mile on the row machine!! I felt like I could go a lot further.. but I ran out of time!!

I also have a NEW GOAL... it almost seems unrealistic to me... But I know its not! My friend Lauren posted about it on Facebook.. and I can't seem to get it off my mind!! Next year, Fall of 2011, St. Louis is having a Rock 'N Roll Marathon! I WANT TO DO IT!! I have a full year, or close to it (There is not a specific date set yet) to train! I know I could walk it now. It would take all I've got, but I could get it done eventually! But I don't want to walk it! I want to run it! I want to finish strong!! So I'm going to train... I have yet to figure out how I'm going to train, but it is going to get done! And by then, I hope to be at, or VERY NEAR, my goal weight!

13.1


It seems like such a far distance... Yet so achievable! And I know this is one goal that I will achieve!!

2 comments:

  1. I know you can do it Susie. I would LOVE to be able to do this race with you. Please make sure you put it out there early there are many of us who would run with you to help support you. Take care, you are one amazing girl.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie, this is an incredible goal and I wish you the best! I think you'll find that training that focuses primarily on running will be very, very different from cross-training style gym workouts. I think the variety may be just what you need to push the rest of the way to your goal!
    Just wanted to let you know that I'm reading. Hope it's not creepy - I enjoy blogging, and I enjoy running, so it seemed like a good time to come out of the lurking closet. You are a motivation inspiration!
    -the former Sarah Armstrong

    ReplyDelete