Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Where did the Mo Go?!?

Anyone see my motivation?!? It seems to have disappeared... I've looked high, I've looked low... I've looked left and right, but still it's nowhere to be found. Stuff I was used to denying ( like soda, fast food, high fat and high sodium foods) are becoming all to easy to say yes to. And the worst part is, I don't feel bad after I eat them.

The only thing I've got going for me are my workouts. I'm still at the gym at least 6 days a week (Sometimes I skip my off day). But it will never be enough if I don't stop eating the crap that I've allowed myself to get away with recently.

I can't call it a "plateau"... cause it's not really my body taking a break, its my mind. The worst part is I know it's wrong. I know I should stop eating, but somehow I talk myself into one more snack, or I say its OK to have McDonald's for lunch because I'll have a small dinner to make up the calories... but when the dinner comes, I eat a normal meal. What happened to the Susie that couldn't talk herself into a cheat meal?!? It's so frustrating to know something you shouldn't do, yet not have enough will power to stop myself.

IT HAS TO CHANGE!!


My goal I set with some friends at the end of July was to be under 300 by October 8Th... That goal is going to go unaccomplished. :-/ I hate feeling like I've failed. It took me from the end of July until now to lose only 17lbs. And truthfully, I haven't lost any weight since the beginning of Sept. I've been between 323 and 327 the whole time. It's beyond frustrating to know that I am the only reason that I haven't lost more!

I've gotta get this boat sailing back in the opposite direction before I start gaining weight!

4 comments:

  1. Listen Lady, it never really gets easier. Just keep your head up and remember that you need to be good to your body! Processed food is like poisoning yourself! If you wouldn't feed it to the kids you watch, you shouldn't feed it to yourself! :) You're doing so well, just keep it up! I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, at first I thought you were talking about J-Mo! Haha, just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My MOJO is missing as well.....but it's coming back...and I know it's going to be as strong as EVER!! This kind of stuff happens, now it's time nip it in the bud and get back on the fast track!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ups and down are going to happen. Don't let yourself get frustrated and don't feel like you have failed.....look how far you have come!!!! Be proud of yourself for going to the gym 6 times a week! It is hard to change habits that are old but in time it will get better. You can never be a failure because you made the decision to change your life and to take control of your health and weight. Plateau's will happen and it is up to you to switch things up. Prepare meals ahead of time so you aren't tempted to eat bad stuff. Keep you head up. I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete