Saturday, December 4, 2010

DAY 7!!!

The Final day!! Day 7 of my Post-Thanksgiving Marathon!

Today's workout consisted of a 5K and 1/2 of Turbo Kick! I'm so sore!!


Travis and I after the race!


Jingle Bell 5K run went OK! The course was so-so.. When we were on streets, it was fine, but as soon as we hit the trail, they didn't clear it off well enough, so I didn't run much after the first like 1.5 miles!! And to think I came in maybe a minute or two off my pace from the Hot Chocolate Race... Now I wish I would have tried to run a bit on the snowy/slushy stuff!!! Travis ran with me.. so I at least had someone pushing me and making me run! I'm waiting for my final results, but I'm still proud of the race!!

Post-Race, I ran upstairs to catch the last 1/2 of Turbo Kick!! Amanda remixed it into Turbo Kick Extreme Round 2 (TKX2).. Lets just say its a killer!! I know I just ran a 5K and all.. but I'm pretty sure that I just wanted to pass out!! It's going to be a major calorie burner!! With that and the race, I was completely spent by the time I got home!!

So all in all, my Post-Thanksgiving Marathon went REALLY well!! I lost 5lbs and ran my second 5K, all while having a great time! And isn't that what it's all about... Having a great time?!? And I am VERY Thankful that tomorrow is my rest day!!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Susie!! Day 7 of your marathon, pulling a 5k and 1/2 extreme turbo kick -- all the while looking snazzy in your red and green (not to mention gniniart!) Hope you had a great time tonight and enjoy your day off tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susie!

    I've been reading your blog for a little while (came across it on Facebook). I just wanted to let you know that I think you are amazing! Its wonderful that you are so committed and are keeping yourself motivated. You are an inspiration. I'm thinking about you and wishing you success!

    <3

    ReplyDelete