Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What would you choose?!?

Its true what they say... The key to weight loss is "Calories in VS Calories out"

But that's really not ALL there is to it! 100 calories of carrots is VERY different from calories of french fries! Check out these stats.. For approx 100 calories, You could have 31g of french fries... OR ... You could have 285g of carrots! I'm not sure about you, but 31g of french fries doesn't sound all that satisfying. Of course, it might be a bit much to eat all 285g of carrots (That's over a 1/2 pound)

Let's put this into a dinner situation..

Here's what I had for dinner:

Marinated Turkey Breast
Brown Rice
Peas

Now for this RIDICULOUSLY large meal, it cost me 678 calories, 8.5g of fat, and 104mg of sodium!!!




This is the part that makes you go HMMMM?!?... I could have easily decided that I was tired from working out tonight and stopped at, let's say, Burger King. I'd probably grab a Whopper with Cheese, Large Fry, and Large Soda... But for this comparison, we can only use the Whopper with Cheese.


And here's the SCARY part... For JUST the whopper with cheese: 720 calories, 44g of fat and 1240mg of sodium. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?

Now if that doesn't help you make the decision, I'm not sure what would! Maybe the heart attack you'll have after eating a few too many of those Whoppers!!!



What would you choose?!?

2 comments:

  1. I FREAKIN LOOOOVVVEEE THIS POST!!! You hit the nail on the head lovey!! Thank you for putting it out there. THIS, my friend, is WHY you are such an inspiration for so many.

    p.s. your dinner looks amazing...well except for the peas..those make me gag...but I would gladly swap them out for green beans ;-) haha <3 <3 LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW Susie. You are my husband's new hero. He is a big health nut. He is constantly telling me do you know how many calories are in that? We don't go out to eat very often. This last weekend we went to Panera. I love that place. They now post the calories on their menu. The sandwich I picked had 690 calories!!!! For one sandwich!!!!! It made me not want to eat at all. Thanks for the post to remind me that the best food (and usually the best tasting) is not greasy unhealthy food. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete