Friday, July 30, 2010

So many reasons...

I follow a guy named Ralph Marston on Twitter (@Ralphmarston). He calls himself "The Daily Motivator". I checked my Twitter yesterday and found a quote by him that said:

"To win the race, know why you're racing."


So it got me thinking about why I'm on this journey! I guess there are many reasons.. some more important than others.. some are just little things that make me feel better! I know there are more and I will continue to add to this list, but for now, here ya go.

1. To love who/what I see when I look in the mirror.
2. To not constantly worry if my size will affect what I'm able to do.
3. To be comfortable with my body.
4. To not be forced to buy an extra plane ticket.
5. To not have to request a seat belt extension on a plane.
6. To fall in love (I don't think any guy should have to love a 450lb woman)
7. To be able to wrap a normal size towel all the way around my body.
8. To just be healthy.
9. To not think about the possibilities of heart attack, stroke or diabetes.
10. To not have random strangers feel the need to ridicule me.
11. To live the life I want to.
12. To shop in any clothing store that I want to.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Great reasons! I agree with every single one and I think you are a super strong person to be able to say some of them out loud. Most importantly it is for yourself, which is what matters.

    ReplyDelete