Friday, August 20, 2010

Balancing the Old and New!

I have run into some problems with all these changes in my life. One is that there seems to be a solid line between my old life and my new one. I have my old friends, I have my new friends. I have my my old food habits, I have my new food habits. I have my old schedule (Or lack there of), I have my new schedule! There really is no blur in that line.

I guess where I'm having the most trouble is balancing the old and new. I would hang out with my new friends all the time, but I don't want to ignore my old friends.

My new friends, they understand me! They are the ones working out next to me day in and day out. They are the ones that help me push further and further! They understand the ups and the downs!

My old friends have been there for me a long time! But I seem to be the only one in my group that is going thru the want/need to become healthy! I'm not giving up on my old friends, but it seems as tho I have to limit my time with them because of what I'm trying to accomplish! A lot of my old friendships were centered around food... When we hung out, it was almost always going out to eat or throwing a party with lots of food (None of which would be on my new food plan).

But now I've got to look out for me and my goals, while still trying to balance out the new and old. I'm really not worried about the new! They are here for me and support me and they'll be around for a long time! I know I'll see them during my 20+ hours at the gym weekly!

It is fitting in time for the old that I need to work on! And that's where I need help from my old friends! If you want to hang out, let's go on a hike or walk! Let's go for a swim, or go ice skating!! Let's not just go to dinner!!

BALANCE BALANCE BALANCE!! That's the name of the game!! I love my old friends.. I love my new friends!!! I'm hoping I can learn to blur the line some!

1 comment:

  1. MOH, I am here for you 110% and I'm so proud of what you're doing! I'm here to help you however I can, so let's go for a nice long walk when I'm back in the P! And I'll even let you cook lunch or dinner for me one day! Love you like woah!

    B

    ReplyDelete