Thursday, August 5, 2010

Truthfully?!?... NO!

Someone asked me tonight if I liked working out now that I had been doing it for a while... I had to think about it for a second... but my 100% truthful answer is.. HELL NO!!! I mean, who in their right mind loves to get tortured?!? Who wants to go run up and down the stairs until your lungs hurt and you want to collapse?!?

NOT THIS GIRL!!!


But I am in love with the idea of bettering myself.. the idea of overcoming obstacles that I once thought were impossible... and the idea that only by the actions I take, I can transform myself from something I once despised into something that I love.

I also love all my gym people.. from my AMAZING trainers, to my Turbo Kick family, all my Biggest Loser friends, and even some of the crazy old people who are there in the morning. Without some of my closest gym people, I might have given up by now! But they are there for me, they are the ones working out with me, they are the ones forcing me to run up and down the stairs until my lungs hurt and I want to collapse!!

And I'm not going to lie, some days I just don't feel like being at the gym! The work outs keep getting tougher and tougher, and my body likes to rebel sometimes by being ridiculously sore and tired (STUPID PIRIFORMIS MUSCLE)... But when the going gets tough... the tough get going....

NO, No... When the going gets tough... PUNCH IT IN THE FACE!!

Wait... ONE more try

WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH

JAB, CROSS, HOOK + UPPER CUT IT IN THE FACE!!!

(HAHAHAHA, Gotta get a little Turbo Kick action in there)


But seriously... After 14 months of working out, I still find it hard to say I absolutely LOVE it, but I do love all my gym friends and I can appreciate a great workout (At least when it's finished)!! Since I know that that workouts are what I need to continue my life in the direction that I want it to go, I'll be working out for a LONG LONG time to come... And maybe someday I'll be 100% positive that I love working out!!!

2 comments:

  1. Susie! I just wanted to tell you that you will never love all aspects of working out. You will find that one thing that you love and find yourself craving from day to day. Mine is running, my sisters is hiking..and we both hate going to the gym but we know we have to be dedicated to the one thing that we love to keep ourselves healthy. So when you get to your goal weight find the one thing you love and that works for you and stick to it!! -Tahlia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Susie,

    I'm stalking your blog. I wanted to let you know that I'm insanely proud of you. I mean, really. Every week when I come into work and see you I see a smaller you, and looking at the picture at the top of the page realy highlights just how far you've come. SO FAR! YOU'RE SO AWESOME! Seriously. I love how committed you are and how little you complain. It's a beautiful thing to watch. =)

    Keep it up!

    Love,
    -Rachel Sk.

    ReplyDelete