Monday, August 9, 2010

Plan it out!

Temptations are galore... Just when you think you are free from them, another one will come up! Temptations can be small or HUGE! Being tempted to half ass your workout, Being tempted to totally skip a workout, being tempted to splurg..

IT'S EVERYWHERE!!!


The only sure fire way I've found to combat these temptations is by having a plan and letting them be known!!

PLAN OUT YOUR WEEK!



Amanda and I have planning sessions on Sunday nights. We both lay out our work out plans for the week. We then post them on one of our facebook walls so that our friends can see it! (Mine is posted in the last entry on here) We also talk about goals for the week. They have ranged from drinking more water to giving more during our workouts!

And we talk every night to make sure these plans were completed! It really does help to know that there is someone that is going to get on you about doing what you have planned to do!

Another HUGE part of planning is the nutirtional part! Its great to go to the grocery store and get a whole bunch of healthy food.... but if you don't have a plan on what you are going to do with that food, then what's the point? I plan out everything from breakfast-dinner with all snacks planned out too! Then I know exactly what I need to buy from the store, and I don't end up over buying. I also don't end up going to a fast food joint on the way home, cause I know I've already got stuff waiting for me when I get there!!

Now I'm not saying that that it is the way to fully get past temptations.. You need some self control... but that one takes practice!! Try to plan out your week tho, I find it works wonders!

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Susie!! Planning is the KEY to success. One of my most respected fitness experts, Chalene Johnson, is constantly talking about how important a daily to-do list is. Why? Because it will keep us on track....which is exactly why making a weekly to-do list is just as important when you're on the track for good health and wellness!!

    ReplyDelete