Monday, August 30, 2010

So Long, Farewell!!

I'm not the kind of girl that enjoys change, which is odd to say, considering this whole journey is about that! But one incredibly welcome change is my clothing!

At some point years ago, I became too fat for "the fat store"... Yeah, sorry, I call Lane Bryant "THE FAT STORE". I mean, come on, you don't see skinny girls shopping in there, their smallest size is a 12! So unfortunately, I gave up any "fashion" that I ever had, and moved onto sweat pants, and yoga pants. Really, just anything that didn't have a zipper, button, or any sort of non-stretchy fabric!

Before this weekend, I had somewhat of an excuse for that! I mean, I do spend crazy amounts of time at the gym every week! And when I'm not at the gym, I was working, resting, and just hanging out at my house. But now, that's all done. I went out with Amanda on Saturday night, and I wasn't about to wear a t-shirt and some yoga pants to the bar!! So, it was off to Lane Bryant to see what I could find!

While I was shopping, I didn't want to put myself in a position to fail... Before I started working out, I was into a size 30-32.. (LB only goes up to 26-28.. OUCH)... So I started out trying on all 26-28s.. And to my surprise... Everything fit... BUT, IT WAS TOO BIG!! WHAT?!?!?!?

It took me a LOT longer to put together an outfit now... I used to just grab and go! Now I actually have to try stuff on.. and this time, try on a smaller size!!! I ended up actually buying 2 outfits!! Like... pants and shirts!! That NEVER happens to me! So I started with 26-28... I got down to size 22 pants, and get this, my shirt size, was 18-20... AMAZING! (Wow, I would have NEVER shared my size in a public place like this before)

Sorry.. I'm kinda rambling on! But this definitely makes me happy! I knew it would happen eventually, but I swear my size barely changed for a whole year, and it's only been in the last few months that its finally changing quite a bit!!

I'm not saying I'm throwing away my yoga pants and sweat pants... Cause please, those are just super comfortable! But now I have some options for going out (Even tho that rarely happens now)

SO LONG and FAREWELL to those feelings that I have to get all stretchy items and not have any fashion!! HELLO sparkly, flowery, fitted, fun, cute, (Possibly sexy), fashionable.... WHATEVER I want to wear!! YAY ME!

5 comments:

  1. You can do whatever you set your mind to....and now you can look as amazing as you feel!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, first....cant believe you guys chose to go out on a Saturday night when I was out of town! BOOOOO....

    Second- you ROCK...that is amazing~ keep it up lover!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should be SO proud of yourself!!!...how awesome Susie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. not to mention you found JEANS that fit!!!!!

    ReplyDelete