Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Balancing Your Workouts!

When I started "working out", I walked... And by walk, I mean SLOW walking! I was out of breath while trying to walk at a 2.5 miles per hour pace. I usually found myself hanging out at a 2.0 MPH!

Now, if I kept that up, I wouldn't be nearly as far as I am now! No, I've moved up from my 2 mile pace and have exceeded a lot of what I thought was impossible!

Just a quick side note: I was running on the treadmill today (I know, running.. who would have thought?!?)... and I got my mile down to 18:48!!! I've NEVER been under 19 minutes!!! YAY for me! I can't wait for the day that I can say "I got my mile under 10 minutes!"

OK.. Back to Balancing your work outs...

Balancing your workouts is ESSENTIAL!!! If all you do is walk... Your body will get used to it and eventually stop losing the weight! If all you do is ride the bike, the same thing will happen! You NEED to diversify you work out!

When I do 2-a-days, I like to do loads of cardio in the morning!! That includes bike, elliptical, cross trainer, track, treadmill, rowing machine, stairs! My PM workouts very quite a bit!! I do lots of training with the trainers at night, and that is never the same! A one hour training session can include all weights, all cardio, a mix of the two, even a whole work out using NOTHING except your own body weight to build muscles! I also do Turbo Kick 5 times a week! (I do LOVE Turbo Kick!)

So throw some weights in the mix... try running and walking then running again!! Get your heart rate up... then lower it... then raise it again!!! Keep your body guessing as to what is coming up next! If you are truly serious about it, Get a trainer!! I don't know where I'd be without my trainers switching up my workouts for me!! Probably still on my favorite bike!!

BALANCE BALANCE BALANCE!!
That's the name of the game!! Your body gets just as bored as your mind does if you are doing the same work out all the time! SO SWITCH IT UP!

1 comment: