Thursday, November 4, 2010

Rest?!? What's that?

I know they say you should take at least 1 day of rest per week.... But I used to find that very hard! When I had Turbo Kick 5 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday) and Power Hour or training Monday-Saturday... I very rarely took a day off! Sure my body didn't love me all the time, but I got thru it!

Now with Turbo Kick down to 4 days, no more Sunday classes :-( , I have begun to take Sundays off... but even now, my body seems to need more!

SO, with my first EVER race this Saturday (The Hot Chocolate 5K in Chicago), I decided to take Thursday afternoon-Monday off! The only exercise I will be doing is my 5K!

It's weird to think about NOT going into the gym at all! Its almost like I need it to feel normal! (Ok.. this is sounding more and more like the gym is a drug.. hahaha)

But for tomorrow, I'll focus on rest and preparing mentally for my 5K... and then its all about relaxing on Sunday and Monday! Yeah, I'll miss the gym and all my favorite gymmies, but they'll be there when I get back! This is SUSIE TIME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment